This document outlines the types of personal information is received and collected by skiedo.com and how it is used.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ANY TERM OR PROVISION OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, PLEASE EXIT THIS SITE IMMEDIATELY. PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT YOUR CONTINUED USE OF THIS SITE OR THE PRODUCTS OR INFORMATION PROVIDED THEREBY SHALL INDICATE YOUR CONSENT AND AGREEMENT TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
These Terms and Conditions of Service and Use of our (the “Terms and Conditions“) are hereby made effective or “we” or “us” or “our“), and, without waiving or otherwise releasing any right or obligation under any prior terms and conditions of the use of SKIEDO, hereby amend and restate any such prior terms and conditions.
In consideration of each member or user’s (each, a “customer” or “you“) access to and use of the Site, we require every members and user to act with integrity, to our rules for the Site, and to abide by these Terms and Conditions and each other rule, regulation or other policy of SKIEDO .
By clicking “I AGREE” and/or using or accessing our products, services and this website, you hereby agree,
(a) that you have received, read and understood these Terms and Conditions, and that these Terms and Conditions create a valid and binding agreement, enforceable against you in accordance with the terms hereof,
(b) to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, any terms, conditions or other rules, regulations or policies of SKIEDO, as each may be amended or supplemented from time to time in our sole discretion without notice, and
(c) that your use of our digital services and our website shall comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules or regulations, and that you are solely responsible for your compliance with, familiarity with and understanding of any such laws, rules or regulations applicable to your use of the Site. If you do not agree with any portion of these Terms and Conditions, you are prohibited from using or accessing our services.
As between you and us, we own, solely and exclusively, all rights, title and interest in and to the Site, all the content (including, for example, audio, photographs, illustrations, graphics, other visuals, video and copy), software, code, data, and the look and feel, design and organization of the Site, and all materials and content related to our programs even if the materials or content are not accessed through the Site. Your use of the Site does not grant to you ownership of any content, software, code, data or materials you may access on the Site.
DUTIES FOR TUTORS
A Tutor warrants that;
(a)he/she is of at least eighteen years of age;
(b)he/she has the necessary qualifications and/or experience to provide tuition in the subjects specified by the Tutor on the SKIEDO Website;
(c) his profile and subject information provided on the SKIEDO Website is up to date, accurate and truthful; and
(d)he/she has the legal right to work in India on a self-employed basis.
- A Tutor who contacts a Student who is under the age of 18 must ensure that the Student has consent from a parent or a guardian to provide tuition services to the Student.
- A Tutor is responsible for the prices quoted for his services on the SKIEDO Website.
- An Independent Tutor is responsible for the collection of all fees due to a Tutor from a Student. SKIEDO is not liable to the Tutor for any fees that have not been paid and will not get involved in any disputes about fees between an Independent Tutor and a Student.
- A tutor takes full responsibility for all information that he/she provides on the SKIEDO Website and must indemnify SKIEDO in relation to any liability incurred by SKIEDO as a result of such information.
- A Tutor shall indemnify SKIEDO for all claims and liabilities arising out of any use by the Tutor of the SKIEDO Website, including any associated costs and expenses incurred, whether direct or indirect.
- A Tutor must contact a Student through the SKIEDO Website. Any other means of communication is prohibited.
- A Tutor must not be in any way be abusive about a Student on the SKIEDO Website or any other place.
- A Tutor is not an employee of SKIEDO and accepts full responsibility for all Income Tax, National Insurance, and other liabilities arising from use of the SKIEDO Website.
- All information provided by a Tutor on the SKIEDO Website must be accurate and kept up-to-date. This includes the correct name, address, telephone number, and qualification/experience details. Details entered by the Tutor on the SKIEDO Website will be publicly visible and may also appear in search engine results.
- Use of the SKIEDO Website is entirely at a Tutor's own risk. A Tutor must exercise complete caution when using the SKIEDO Website and entering into any agreements to provide tutoring services to a Student.
- A Tutor must not request any upfront fees. A Tutor must only accept payment for a single lesson at a time, to be paid at the completion of that lesson on an hourly basis.
DUTIES OF A STUDENT OR TUTEE
- A Student who is under 18 years of age must have consent from a parent or a guardian to register and that parent or guardian must enter into any agreement with a Tutor to provide tuition services. It is the responsibility of that parent/guardian to check the credentials of the Tutor. SKIEDO is not responsible for any disputes regarding parental consent or any problems that a Student or a parent/guardian has experienced with a Tutor.
- A Student, or where relevant their parent/guardian, is responsible for verifying the credentials, expertise, references, and qualifications of any Tutor with whom he/she enters into or proposes to enter into a contract. SKIEDO does not offer any guarantee that any information provided on the SKIEDO Website is accurate and correct.
- A Student must contact a Tutor through the SKIEDO Website. Any other means of communication is prohibited.
- A Student agrees not to use SKIEDO to advertise, promote or search for tuition services for their own company, nor may an agency acting for a company register to promote their services or opportunities.
- A Student cannot act as an agent to promote the services or opportunities of a company.
- A Student must not publish any abusive comments about a Tutor or another Student on the SKIEDO Website or any other place. This includes defamatory or derogatory comments.
- A Student must not request a tutor to complete coursework, essays, or other assignments for them.
- A Student must use his own judgment about the services of Tutors detailed on the Website. Students are responsible for checking the credentials, expertise, references, qualifications, and insurance policies of any Tutor with whom they confirm their purchase.
- A Student may cancel a lesson at any point before the scheduled start time of the lesson. Cancellations made after completion of 25% of the course duration is due to commence will incur no charge. The student will be provided with a free ticket where they can purchase any other lessons. The expiration for such a ticket is for 6 months only.
GUIDELINE FOR USERS AND MEMBERS
Members must not use the SKIEDO Website for illegal, unlawful, or prohibited purposes. This includes sending or posting junk e-mail or spam, publishing misleading, defamatory, indecent, obscene, or advertising material, or send viruses and worms.
Members must not impersonate any other person or entity or use a false name or a name that they have no authority to use.
Members must not post material to the SKIEDO Website in which the copyright or intellectual property is or may be the property of another person or body.
You may access and view the content on the Site on your computer or another internet-compatible device, and make single copies or prints of the content on the Site for your personal, non-commercial use only. To the extent you need to download software or documentation to use the products or services on the Site, we grant you a limited, non-assignable, non-transferable, revocable license to use such materials solely to utilize such products or services. Such a license will terminate when you no longer use the products or services.
Trademarks, logos, service marks, and trade names (collectively the "Trademarks") that are ours or Trademarks of any third party displayed on the Site or on content available through the Site may not be used unless authorized by the trademark owner. All Trademarks not owned by us that appear on the Site or on or through the Site's products and services, if any, are the property of their respective owners. Your misuse of the Trademarks displayed on the Site is strictly prohibited.
a) For any academic source materials such as textbooks and workbooks which you submit to us in connection with our online tutoring services, you represent and warrant that you are entitled to upload such materials under the “fair use” doctrine of copyright law. In addition, if you request that our system display a representation of a page or problem from a textbook or workbook, you represent and warrant that you are in proper legal possession of such textbook or workbook and that your instruction to our system to display a page or problem from your textbook or workbook is made for the sole purpose of facilitating your tutoring session, as “fair use” under copyright law.
(b) You agree that we may record all or any part of any live online classes and tutoring sessions (including voice chat communications and videos) for quality control and other purposes. You agree that we own all transcripts and recordings of such sessions, and you hereby irrevocably assign to us all rights in all such transcripts and recordings.
You may be able to link from the Site to third-party websites and third-party websites may link to the Site ("Linked Sites"). You acknowledge and agree that we have no responsibility for the content, products, services, advertising, or other materials which may be provided by or through Linked Sites, even if they are owned or run by our affiliates. Links to Linked Sites do not constitute an endorsement or sponsorship by us of such websites or the information, content, products, services, advertising, code, or other materials presented on or through such websites. Any reliance on the contents of a third-party website is done at your own risk and you assume all responsibilities and consequences resulting from such reliance.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold us and our directors, officers, employees, and agents harmless from any and all claims, liabilities, costs, and expenses, including reasonable attorneys' fees, arising in any way from any content or other material you place on the Site or submit to us, or your breach or violation of the law or of these Terms and Conditions. We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, and in such case, you agree to cooperate with our defense of such claim.
USING OUR SERVICES
(a) Our Student Enrollment Agreement Terms and Conditions set forth additional terms applicable to certain products and services you may purchase on the Site.
(b) You are solely responsible for all computer hardware and other equipment and all fees for services (such as internet service and wireless services) required for access and use of our online classes.
(c) To use products and services delivered on or through the Site, you will need to register on the Site, pay any applicable fees, and create an account, username and password. You agree to provide accurate information about yourself. If we believe that such information is inaccurate, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all use of our products or services. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account information and for all activities and liabilities associated with or occurring under your account. You must notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or username. You may not transfer your account (including your username or password) to another person and you may not use anyone else's account at any time without the permission of the account holder. In cases where you have authorized or registered another individual, including a minor, to use your account, you are fully responsible for (i) the online conduct of such user; (ii) controlling the user's access to and use of the products and services; and (iii) the consequences of any misuse. In the event that you permit a minor to use your account, we reserve the right to provide access to your account and all information contained therein to such minor's parents, guardians or other authorized adults, including, but not limited to, authorized school representatives. You may not use any means to circumvent our access, registration, or payment systems. You may not continue to use the Site or any products or services available on the Site after we have terminated or suspended your access to the Site or the products or services on the Site.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
(a) THE SITE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ALL SERVICES, PRODUCTS, CONTENT, FUNCTIONS AND MATERIALS CONTAINED OR AVAILABLE ON THE SITE, IS PROVIDED "AS IS," "AS AVAILABLE", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTY REGARDING UPTIME OR UNINTERRUPTED ACCESS, AVAILABILITY, ACCURACY, OR USEFULNESS, AND ANY WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. WE HEREBY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, EXPRESS AND IMPLIED. WE ALSO ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY, AND WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR, ANY DAMAGES TO, OR VIRUSES THAT MAY INFECT, YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, MOBILE DEVICE, OR OTHER PROPERTY ON ACCOUNT OF YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SITE OR YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIALS FROM THE SITE. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH THE SITE, YOUR SOLE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USING THE SITE.
(b) WE DO NOT: (I) GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, OR USEFULNESS OF ANY THIRD PARTY CONTENT ON THE SITE OR ANY VERIFICATION SERVICES DONE ON OUR TUTORS OR INSTRUCTORS, OR (II) ADOPT, ENDORSE OR ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY OPINION, ADVICE, OR STATEMENT MADE BY ANY TUTOR OR INSTRUCTOR OR ANY PARTY THAT APPEARS ON THE SITE. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL WE BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE RESULTING FROM YOUR RELIANCE ON INFORMATION OR OTHER CONTENT POSTED ON OR AVAILABLE FROM THE SITE.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
(a) IN NO EVENT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO NEGLIGENCE, WILL WE OR ANY OF OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS OR CONTENT OR SERVICE PROVIDERS (INCLUDING INSTRUCTORS AND TUTORS) (COLLECTIVELY, THE "PROTECTED ENTITIES") BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING FROM, OR DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY RELATED TO, THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE OR THE CONTENT, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS, SERVICES, AND FUNCTIONS RELATED TO THE SITE, YOUR PROVISION OF INFORMATION VIA THE SITE, LOST BUSINESS OR LOST SALES, EVEN IF SUCH PROTECTED ENTITY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO CERTAIN USERS TO THE EXTENT REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
(b) IN NO EVENT WILL THE PROTECTED ENTITIES BE LIABLE FOR OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY CONTENT POSTED, TRANSMITTED, EXCHANGED OR RECEIVED BY OR ON BEHALF OF ANY USER OR OTHER PERSON ON OR THROUGH THE SITE. IN NO EVENT WILL THE TOTAL AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF THE PROTECTED ENTITIES TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR TORT, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING FROM THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OR YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE SITE, EXCEED, IN THE AGGREGATE, THE AMOUNT, IF ANY, PAID BY YOU TO US FOR YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE SITE IN THE 12 MONTH PERIOD PRECEDING YOUR CLAIM.
We may terminate, change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of the Site or the Site's products or services at any time. We may restrict, suspend or terminate your access to the Site and/or its products or services if we believe you are in breach of these Terms and Conditions or applicable law, you are a repeat infringer of intellectual property rights, or for any other reason without notice or liability.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify any portion of these Terms and Conditions at any time. Changes in these Terms and Conditions will be effective when posted. Your continued use of the Site and/or the products or services offered on or through the Site after any changes to these Terms and Conditions are posted will be considered acceptance of those changes.
If you provide us your email address, you agree and consent to receive email messages from us. These emails may be transactional or relationship communications relating to the products or services we offer, such as administrative notices and service announcements or changes, or emails containing commercial offers, promotions or special offers from us. You also may sign up, and therefore agree, to receive SMS or text messages on your mobile phone.
Our failure to act with respect to a breach of these Terms and Conditions by you or others does not waive our right to act with respect to that breach or subsequent similar or other breaches.
Copyright © 2020 “SKIEDO”. All rights reserved. All materials presented on this site are copyrighted and owned by us, or other individuals or entities as designated. Any republication, retransmission, reproduction, downloading, storing or distribution of all or part of any materials found on this site is expressly prohibited.
For more information regarding our Terms and Conditions, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org